After spending the whole morning cleaning out the basement, we treated ourselves to shakes and took a drive to the local bird refuge to go for a walk.
This is the only bird I was able to catch on camera: And this dinosaur was the coolest thing we saw: (It's really a big ol' turtle (~16" shell) with a long tail. It was just diving into the water so this was the last we saw of it.)
What beautiful photos! Great site you have. OK, you are way too modest about your talent - using "Photoshop" is one thing, taking amazing photos to begin with is another.
Great photos! Anytime up in the mountains, is time WELL SPENT! Remember our fun girls camps? GOOD TIMES!:) Your dad always knew right where to hike our fanny's off!:)
Wow, "a blog a day makes Joanne get SO BEHIND in the viewing" (true...I'm not a poet, and I know it!). :) But oh, what a glorious few minutes it is every time I get onto your blog and read them! Such adventures, and all the pictures! Such fun! Good for you taking advantange of the couple of minutes of non-hurricane whether we had this weekend. And even cooler that you got any picture of a bird this time of year (they're hard to snap when the leaves on the trees aren't in full bloom). You're an amazing photographer!
"I snuck some goldfish for my asthma-tizer before lunch." -Calvin 9/1/10
"I'm going to be a scientist when I grow up- I'm going to be like Albert Einstein. Except I'm going to investigate with balloons." -Bryn 1/12/11
[Proudly] "I'm obnoxious!!!" [pauses a few seconds] "That means both my arms and both my legs are equally strong. " -Bryn 3/23/11
[After the first loud thunder clap of the day] "Huh? Oh no no no! A Dinasaur a-coming!" -Ivy 6/9/11
"Just, whatever you do, if someone calls you carrots, DO NOT break a slate over their head." -Bryn's advice to Calvin on his first day of kindergarten 8/30/11
"Uncle Lance is a bigger pile of nuts than Dad."
-Calvin 12/28/11
[As Bryn and Calvin were doodling numbers on the whiteboard] "Calvin!!! Don't draw a clown face on my eight. You'll ruin it's dignity."
-Bryn 5/4/12
"You'll find that sometimes even serious people have a little bit of laugh in them."
-Calvin 9/9/12
"Atoms are made of neutrons, electrons, and pecans."
-Calvin 2/9/13
"You would need safety gloves to move the sun. And a ladder"
5 comments:
What beautiful photos! Great site you have. OK, you are way too modest about your talent - using "Photoshop" is one thing, taking amazing photos to begin with is another.
=Darinda
Great photos! Anytime up in the mountains, is time WELL SPENT! Remember our fun girls camps? GOOD TIMES!:) Your dad always knew right where to hike our fanny's off!:)
I'm amazed at the photos that you take! I love to view your blog and check out your recent pics. Your kids are getting so old!
Wow, "a blog a day makes Joanne get SO BEHIND in the viewing" (true...I'm not a poet, and I know it!). :)
But oh, what a glorious few minutes it is every time I get onto your blog and read them! Such adventures, and all the pictures! Such fun!
Good for you taking advantange of the couple of minutes of non-hurricane whether we had this weekend. And even cooler that you got any picture of a bird this time of year (they're hard to snap when the leaves on the trees aren't in full bloom). You're an amazing photographer!
I think you and C should have put on a red shirt, then everyone would be matching. ;)
Look forward to a future Tanglewood post.
Post a Comment