You know how sometimes you have a favorite song from a new soundtrack like The Muppets, and you just want to listen to it over and over again so you can sing and dance along? Ivy knows the feeling:
Cami - Joyce is obsessed with this song. We have listened to it so many times that John and I have had countless conversations about the lyrics. We each have them memorized and can discuss the finer points of what they might mean by having the DJ allude to three different cities . . .I find it is playing in my head all the time because it is playing in our house all the time. We should have some kind of transcontinent dance party soon.
"I snuck some goldfish for my asthma-tizer before lunch." -Calvin 9/1/10
"I'm going to be a scientist when I grow up- I'm going to be like Albert Einstein. Except I'm going to investigate with balloons." -Bryn 1/12/11
[Proudly] "I'm obnoxious!!!" [pauses a few seconds] "That means both my arms and both my legs are equally strong. " -Bryn 3/23/11
[After the first loud thunder clap of the day] "Huh? Oh no no no! A Dinasaur a-coming!" -Ivy 6/9/11
"Just, whatever you do, if someone calls you carrots, DO NOT break a slate over their head." -Bryn's advice to Calvin on his first day of kindergarten 8/30/11
"Uncle Lance is a bigger pile of nuts than Dad."
-Calvin 12/28/11
[As Bryn and Calvin were doodling numbers on the whiteboard] "Calvin!!! Don't draw a clown face on my eight. You'll ruin it's dignity."
-Bryn 5/4/12
"You'll find that sometimes even serious people have a little bit of laugh in them."
-Calvin 9/9/12
"Atoms are made of neutrons, electrons, and pecans."
-Calvin 2/9/13
"You would need safety gloves to move the sun. And a ladder"
10 comments:
Cute. :)
Ivy is an up-coming American Idol contestant! And with those cute dance moves she could be on Dancing with the Stars, too!
They've got moves.
I especially enjoyed the slide upward with her voice. As soon as Eli heart the music, he said, "Hey, is on the Muppets!!"
Also, I'm going to steal her.
Cami - Joyce is obsessed with this song. We have listened to it so many times that John and I have had countless conversations about the lyrics. We each have them memorized and can discuss the finer points of what they might mean by having the DJ allude to three different cities . . .I find it is playing in my head all the time because it is playing in our house all the time. We should have some kind of transcontinent dance party soon.
Hi Cami! Your family is so dang cute, and FUN! Thanks for the comment, and thinking of us... You're pretty awesome! =)
Love her! Your blog posts always bring a smile to my face! Thanks!
Rabbit ears, Peter? Still haven't outgrown that, eh? ;)
Ivy is so darn cute. Thanks for the laugh.
We have the Muppets movie sitting on our counter to be watched sometime this week...
We obviously have a new favorite video at our house. Not The Muppets (haven't seen it yet), but the one you just posted.
She reminds me a lot of her mother at that age.
She is beyond adorable!! I was laughing out loud.
I have always loved this song, but I think Ivy dancing to it has made it even more of a favorite. She is so cute!
Post a Comment