Sunday, October 5, 2008

A fair to remember

We attended the Topsfield Fair (the oldest agricultural fair in the nation) for our third straight year. Our friends the Vawdreys were up visiting from NJ which made everything doubly fun. The winner of the giant pumpkin contest weighed 1,484 pounds. That's about 60 Calvins worth of pumpkin.
The marionette show has always been a highlight for the kids, but Calvin was especially delighted by it this year, and clapped for most of the 30 minute program. Afterward Humpty Dumpty posed for a picture with the kids. Sarah was not so excited about having him that close. This picture doesn't really need a caption. The girl is nuts.

Finally, enjoy this short video of Bryn, Sarah, and David going for a ride. Oh wait, did I mention it was on a real live elephant?

9 comments:

Jill said...

How very American of you to visit the fair!

Bryn is now officially my hero. First she looks at lobster brains and then she allows an extra large snake to be wrapped around her neck. She's fearless!

My favorite thing about this blog though, is the title. Clever Cami.

Thanks again for the naughty PB cookie recipe. Delicious!

Karen said...

That is a clever title. Also, I love the picture of Calvin clapping. He is so delighted. I don't think you need to worry yet about Bryn's timidity. Oh wait...does she have any?

rebecca said...

Yes, the photo of Calvin clapping is hilarious! You really captured that moment (well, sounds like it was 30 minutes of that look, but still...how great!)
I can't believe Bryn was brave enough to wear the snake. I don't think my girls would have been so brave.
Looks like a super fun time.

Joe and Joanne said...

Wow Cami - looks like a fun adventure! I cannot believe B let a snake swerve around her neck. Brave girl, and fun picture!

David said...

I have always loved "affair"! This one looks especially delightful. Bryn, you look very appealing with that snake around your neck. I was just wondering how much the elephant paid you to ride on his back!

Watauga Relief Society said...

I never knew about that fair! How much fun, the kids look like they had the greatest time! I wonder how many people calculated Calvin's weight? hmm, maybe just me :)

Melanie said...

I can't believe Bryn even touched the snake. I remember the days when she was afraid of bees and wind. Way to go!

BunchesofBradys said...

You've convinced us! We'll have to go next year since it looked like so much fun in the pics!

Swoopref said...

I need to show that snake photo to Conor!