Bryn was so very excited to watch her pumpkin grow all summer over at Mary's house. Finally, it was time to take it home. She drew a scary face on it and proudly displayed it on our balcony.
Well, first the rain washed the face off and then the squirrels had an early thanksgiving feast of it. She sobbed and sobbed as she watched the carnage through the window (as a side note, Calvin was elated at the all the close-up squirrel activity). I suppose I'll be making a trip to JoAnn's soon for one of those carve-able plastic pumpkins.
8 comments:
That squirrel's red eye makes it look even more sinister.
Mean old sherrif took my birthday present.
My Grandma Winnie, who was a great feeder of birds had a love hate relationship with squirrels. She loved them as God's cute, little, furry creatures, but hated that they always got fat and happy on her bird seed, leaving nothing for the birds. They're rascals I tell ya! Tell Bryn I'm sorry!
Poor little Bryn. That would be so heartbreaking for a 4 year old. I think JoAnn's is a great solution. Love that Calvin was just thrilled for the show!
Oh, the horror!
That reminds me of when I was about Bryn's age and I came home from church to find that my two hamsters also had babies in their cage and one was tearing off the heads of the babies and eating them...yeah...I sobbed and sobbed...scarred me for life! (as a side note, we called the vet to ask them what to do about the babies and then asked them why they ate them. He said it is a natural occurrence and happens all the time. They do it because some times they sense that the babies have a problem or defect so they "get rid" of them.) Wow...that was probably TMI for some of you...go ahead...throw up now!
Poor Miss B. How devistating!
Squirrels are such a nuisance to society. JoAnn's is a good solution though.
i have been laughing at that story all day! at brynn's expense, I'm so sorry!!
Post a Comment