Monday, October 20, 2008

Blueberries for Cal


Well, actually, they were raspberries, and they were also for me, Bryn, and our good friend Mary. But like Sal, Calvin did try more than once to swipe berries from my bucket to add to his perpetually emptying one. What a great way to spend a brisk but sunny fall morning! Raspberry pie to follow...

8 comments:

Laura said...

I accept.

purpletailgate said...

Hey, I'm famous! What a privilege to keep up with the Jones!

byebyedays said...

That is a great way to enjoy the fall. We use to go huckleberry picking every year with the Huppi clan. I've always remembered the memories of those fun times.

Jill said...

I love the book you refered too in your post. It's a classic!

Also, I have a killer recipe for raspberry pie. Emily, my sister-in-law won a pie baking contest with the same recipe. If you want it, call me.

Karen said...

Okay. I'm a little confused. What the heck are raspberries doing growing in October?! You should make some JAM!

beccashim said...

The stars have smiled upon me favorably today and I have found my favorite Jones' on Al Gore's internet! This is my reward for procrastinating work all day in favor of finding the perfect Halloween costume. Your babies are beautiful and I hope your lives are too.

Karen said...

I would like to know how the raspberry pie/dessert turned out and if anyone liked it. I am really your mother and too lazy to sign out and sign in as me on Karen's computer.

Darcee said...

Your pictures and pie look divine. I wish I could run over and have a slice. I'm glad your knee got better. Isn't it funny how grateful you are for something so basic after you've lost temporary use of it? A good reminder to all of us.