Friday, October 31, 2008

Spooktacular Creatures (lock your trunks)


Bryn was very insistent about being a bluebird this year. A bird?!? Next year we're going to subliminally push the idea that ghost costumes are all the rage.
Calvin, after hearing Bryn's insistence about being a bluebird, declared that he was going to be a wolf so that he could "eat that bluebird up."
Thankfully, he found lots of other tasty treats to devour. However, Bryn cawed at every kid dressed as a ladybug she saw (and there were more than a few) and shrieked, "better watch out for the Bluebird!!!" I guess there's a new villain in town.





As a side note, Bryn was indispensable in helping me design her costume, although I wasn't able to incorporate those wicked birdy hands she had planned (she drew the one on the right and I tried to interpret it on the left-neither of us have taken a proportions class).

And finally, the most terrifying creatures of all...

11 comments:

Joe and Joanne said...

I'm in awe of you: B's bluebird costume is GREAT! You've got some skill at the sewing machine my dear! I love C's wolf costume too.

Jill said...

Hats off to you Cami! Bryn's costume is amazing and I'm humbled by your domestic goddess type skills. She looks great. Calvin looks adorable too.

Laura said...

Wow, I'm sure glad I decided to be a large mountain lion instead of a ladybug this year. (I'm scared)

byebyedays said...

Ok Cami, those are the BEST costumes I've seen! I can't believe how good you did on that bluebird costume... YOU DO HAVE AMAZING SEWING SKILL! I Loved watching Bryn's fun little story.

Karen said...

You pulled it off Cam. Bryn's costume is AWESOME! I'm also so glad to see that you were able to talk Calvin back into his scary wolf costume.

David said...

I happen to remember a sewing project you took on in middle school and I am absolutely amazed at the turnout of Bryn's bluebird costume. You finally deserve the A I got you! Both costumes are delightful, along with the children inside of them!

Darcee said...

Wow, Cami! Bryn's costume is awesome! She is one creative and bright girl. Good thing she has a mom who can interpret her creativity into reality.

Melanie said...

I am amazed at your bluebird costume making skills. I've never seen a bluebird costume before but I'm not surprised that Bryn came up with the idea.

Kimberly said...

These costumes are awesome! Good job, Cami! I love Bryn's story, too. I hope we get to spend a little time together with you all this winter! We miss you!

Corinne said...

Super cute costumes. Bryn is a lucky girl to have a Mom who can make dreams come true.

Elisabeth said...

Wow, I loved her costume at the party and now I am really impressed that you made it! It is beautiful!