Friday, October 24, 2008

Leaves 0 Me 1

I took my first swipe at the leaves today. After almost 2 hours of blowing leaves into the forest across the way, my yard is now a happy mound of dirt again. Go me. Unfortunately, there are still plenty left on the trees and I could almost hear them whisper,"this ain't over."

4 comments:

rebecca said...

We play that cruel game with our maple too. It's a close match:)

David said...

There has to be an easier way to play this game. The shade is so lovely in July. The leaves were so fun when I was a child. I propose you tell half of those trees to just move over to the forest. You could visit them there in July.

Sweeney Household said...

Blowing leaves gives you character. (Do I sound like your parents?) :)

Jill said...

Is there a reason why you would rather look at a big mound of dirt than a pile of colorful leaves?