We beheld the sun this morning for the first time in an eon, and feeling a bit like fish out of water without all the rain, we decided to hit the spray park with some friends. The girls had a blast playing on the boulders and in the water (Bryn told me she had been pretending to be a Queen Bird the whole morning). Calvin had a blast eating his alphabet cookies in the shade and generally avoiding the whole water-in-the-face scene.And now for a Q&A portion of today's blog:
Q: How do you make those wicked awesome collages?
A: I use Photoshop. I've made myself a 9"x9" template with a few grid lines (called guides under the view menu) to help me crop evenly (see photo below), throw on some drop shadow layer effects, and viola, a collage.
Q: Did you think of that yourself with your sweet creative processes?
A: Nope. My dad has been doing this collage thing for years on our family site, so I plagiarized him and added a few of my own touches.
Q: So anybody could do this?
A: Technically, yes, but I would graciously accept a $10,000 royalty fee whenever your conscience so deems.
Q: You do collages A LOT. Don't you ever get sick of them? (hint hint)
A: No, they provide a succinct way to display multiple photos. You're stuck with them. Neener neener neener.
5 comments:
Love the spray park!
The collage is a great way to post pics! The royalties are a little steep.... $$$ ;)
Thanks for the collage 411. I needed that. Now, tell me how to make a collage out of 100 pictures from Christina's hilarious "Project Runway" birthday party. I have to blog about it, and it's going to be tough choosing photos. I'm sure I'll end up with another slideshow, but I do see a collage in the near future on our blog. Thanks again:)
Thanks for the helpful hints, O Wise One.
You can never have too many collages. The more pics the better!
I need a hat like the one Bryn wore on the bird walk.
Where is that spray park? That looks like one I haven't visited.
I like your collages personally. You are a good photographer!
Post a Comment