Thursday, July 10, 2008

List of Favorites: The First Ever Keepin' Up Contest With Real Prizes

I finally won a contest (pistachio macaroons, yessss!) off of Niki's blog. Now I get to hold the same contest, called List of Favorites.

So the List o' Favorites blog game works like this:
Blog host shares some favorites;
People comment on which item they would like to win;
Blog host randomly draws a winning name;
Blog host gifts the winner with their choice from list o' favorites; and
Winner then carries on the List o' Favorites game on their blog.

On to my favorites...

Good pens. You know a good pen when you see one, and it’s hard when you lose your best pen to the Great Cycle of Writing Utensils, but eventually karma will present you with another chance to own a nice pen. Maybe it’s rolling on the ground of the train waiting for you to pick it up, or maybe it’s the product of winning this blog contest.

Peanut Butter Cookies. A few fateful years ago Mel gave me a recipe that has changed my life (and my pants size) forever. Seriously, best cookies ever. If you choose this one and win, you will not only receive the recipe, but a batch of cookies even if I have to mail them priority.

Fabric Lined Baskets. Everyone has them. Nobody has enough. You know you want another one, if for nothing else as an alternative to a gift bag at your next gift-giving opportunity.

Mott’s 100% Juice Freezer Pops. I bought these for the kids as a healthy alternative to the high fructose corn syrup in a plastic tube I usually get for them, and they taste so good I find myself rationing them to the kids by cutting them in half while I sneakily whole ones at nap time.

Pretty Gardening Gloves (or manly, depending on your gender). I bought a pack of brown jersey knit gloves last year that worked well enough. But this year I splurged and bought a pair of lovely gloves, and don’t I feel pretty while ripping thorns and thistles from the ground.

Once. The soundtrack. I heard the main song on the radio last year and loved it. I heard the soundtrack on a Diana’s blog, and I knew I had to have it. So now I do, and you can, too, if you win. (*note: I have added a playlist at the right with songs from the soundtrack)

Strong refrigerator magnets. With the amount of artwork that goes on around here, we can’t have just any old flimsy phone book magnet holding up our masterpieces. I will hand-select a strong magnet (i.e. can hold at least 20 pieces of paper), locally themed, of course, for you to display your kids’ art, your own art, or even all of you ex-boy/girlfriends’ pictures (and I’ll try to find one that is also dart-resistant).

17 comments:

rebecca said...

Those are all great things, Cami. I'm going to be utterly boring and choose the pens because I can't find a good one anywhere right now!

This is a great idea for a contest.

BunchesofBradys said...

I'm in for the cookies...mmm mmm mmm
They are delicious!
John Brady

BunchesofBradys said...

So it was a really hard decision between the cookies and the basket. Since John chose the cookies, I'll go for the basket... you can never have too many baskets!
Carrie
you picked some pretty good stuff

Tammy and Alvin said...

"Peanut Butter is straight from heaven."
~Emily Smith
"[There's a chance I will send the] best cookies ever [to the Van Orden mailbox.]"
~ Cami Jones
"Sounds divine. Sign me and my pants up for the Peanut Butter Cookies."
~ Alvin Van Orden

And if there is any way that I can influence the random number generator, let me just say that given the number of visitors to our oft updated blog, that if I won and held my own contest the odds of winning might be pretty high.

PS Since I only get one choice (and probably won't win anyway), can you put the soundtrack on your blog as a consolation prize?

Colleen Goodsell said...

I can't decide...They all sound great!Can we still get the recipe for the cookies if we don't win?

Colleen

Adam said...

I'm going for the refrigerator magnets! I'm getting an apartment in Ogden this fall and you can never have enough of those in neighborhoods like that! I'm so going to win them.

Alicia said...

I like the look of those juice pops. How clever! I wish I had come up with that idea.

Alicia said...

Now I'm commenting as David if only in an effort to win. I never win anything. He love, love, loves peanut butter cookies, and since I never make them...

Kimberly said...

I vote for GOOD PENS!!! Since I think I have like 6 pens all together and they are all um..... lost!

Drewmeister said...

Definitely the cookies--I love peanut butter cookies!

Sherene said...

I love a good pen, my favorite is the Tul medium pen, maybe we can swap pens sometime.

Melanie said...

Since I own the recipe for the best peanut butter cookies on the planet, I have to say that my favorite would be the juice pops. Very cool and I'm pretty sure I can't buy them here. My list of things I can't find on this blasted island just keeps getting longer.

Laura said...

peanut butter freaking cookies

Karen said...

Okay, I'm going for the album "Once". You've convinced me I must have it...

Page Family said...

I like the peanut butter cookies It is to hot to cook anything here. My family has to wait until October when it finally cools off to have some cookies.

Frozen Cacti said...

Dang I missed it! I'm glad you like the Once album.

Where did you find the Mott's freezer pops?

Cami said...

I got the Mott's freezer pops at the Market Basket. I looked at Mott's website for a stock photo, but they don't even have them listed as a product. Maybe we're a trial market?