Last night I was the happy recipient of my prize for winning Niki's contest: pistachio macaroons from Mike's Pastry. These little green devils disappeared by 9:30am this morning, and were every bit as tasty as advertised.
I harvested a couple of eggplants yesterday, and prepared Eggplant Parmesan for the first time ever tonight. I made up my own recipe and was delighted by the results.
Laura came over and we all stuffed ourselves with it. Even the basil was freshly snipped from my thriving basil plant (I picked it up from Laura's place on Sunday and was pleased to find it yet living). I had to take a picture and blog about it because my mom sounded skeptical when I told her of my gourmet from scratch meal.
Speaking of harvesting, I got to have my favorite breakfast in the world yesterday:
Actually, I prefer a bowl of just raspberries in milk and sugar, but there weren't enough ripe berries to pick so I had to supplement with cheerios.
5 comments:
The eggplant parmesan was fantastic - better than I've had at any restaurant. I like to think it's because I so expertly looked after that basil all those many days...
I'm salivating right now. I LOVE eggplant parmesan!!! Too bad that doesn't ship well or else I'd place an order for some.
Your raspberries look good too. Yum. This diet is killing me!
Cami, I am very impressed! The eggplant parmesan looked delicious. Look how industrious you are --- growing your own food & herbs. What a woman!!!
Don't ripe raspberries with milk and sugar remind you of Grandpa Johnson? I want some right now...but I don't even own a fruit tree or bush of any kind. I gotta work on that.
I eat eggplant subs from Francesca`s for lunch many times. Yours looks just as good. (if not better)
Francesca`s is on Mass Ave in East Arl. opposite Marathon Street.
Post a Comment