Whereas, I do love pyrotechnics, and especially the Big Metropolis by a River sort, but, Whereas, Bryn screams and covers her ears when the vacuum is running, an airplane flies by, or dog barks a couple of houses down, and,
Whereas, Calvin does not tolerate cold to the point that he is still insisting on long sleeved shirts,
Therefore be it resolved that our family will not be sitting by the river watching the best fireworks show in the world any time soon.
Be it further resolved that should we receive an invitation from our very kind friends who live in a high-rise near the river to watch the fireworks from the penthouse lounge, we shall gladly accept.
Larry, who graciously shares his birthday with our country:
The view:

8 comments:
NYC also had a spectacular fireworks display over the river. If only we had some cool friends with a penthouse view...maybe we'll come to you for the fourth next year!
We didn't even make it to Logan's fireworks this year. We were too tired. We did see lots of illegal pyrotechnics in the neighborhood last night. The Howell's and others had a great time and lots of money went up in kabooms and displays. I also have watched lots of documentaries on founding fathers, independance signing, and constitution ratifying. I would highly recommend the John Adams' series. Some day I would like to enjoy the Fourth in Boston! Good job with the great photos and finding a friend with a high rise and a view!
I love these shots. So cool that you have a really fun place to watch the fireworks.
I love these shots. So cool that you have a really fun place to watch the fireworks.
Peter,
That's why you didn't give me all the details of what you guys were doing...no wonder why!!! Awesome! That's so cool you guys got to be at your friends' house to see the show.
That's so cool! We missed you by the river, but I'm glad you didn't have to settle for the tv version.
Who is your friend in the penthouse? Apparently you Jones's are moving up in the world!
Fun, fun, fun!!! That apartment looks amazing - Holy cow!
Too funny that Calvin still wants longs sleeves. I think with the weather soon to arrive he will not want to wear anything. It's going to be HOT!
Post a Comment