So today we added a modern twist: a photo nature hunt. We went into the woods across the way and I let Bryn and Calvin tell me what to photograph. After the usual (and not so usual) rocks, sticks, and leaves, they started finding some really cool stuff (fungi, flowers, etc.). Here are some of the things they found:

I think Bryn wins most interesting object. She was so excited to find a stick shaped like the letter T:
I even started to get in on the hunt, and found these psychedelic pom-pom like fungi on a log:
And here's a sampling of the critters we found in the woods today:

(Lower left: Poor Calvin took a head-first high-dive from the log bridge into the brook. He was not happy about that.)
2 comments:
It would appear that you can create an adventure no matter where you are! I do like the title of this blog. Bryn, I love the "T" stick, and Calvin, I'm sorry about the unexpected dive into the water. Great photos, though.
K and I would love to join you sometime! What a great idea.
Post a Comment