
Our friends (shown in the red shirts above) hosted an amateur olympics last Saturday. Each team had three players (ours was: me, Pete, and John), and the venue was: basketball, volleyball, long jump, a 3 x 200m relay, a 3 x 100m relay, and an 800m. We didn't win the gold medal (or silver or bronze), but our team put forth a valiant effort, and had a few victories along the way.

John did our team proud by winning lighting (knockout, bump, or whatever you want to call it in your neck of the woods).

My jumping powers of yore haven't completely left me; besides leaping to
almost block that volleyball, I also took first in the women's long jump.

After years of playing the
my-knees-are-too-bad-to-ever-go-running-with-you-after-dark-and-protect-you-from-bad-guys card, Peter surprised everyone by taking third in the 800m.

It was a super fun day, and thanks go to Carrie and Sherene for the pictures and the J's for the well-organized great games.
4 comments:
I'm truly sorry to have missed this. And I'm glad to see that you call your children Thing 1 and Thing 2. Good job winning the long jump - I would have been severely disappointed if you hadn't. Too bad there wasn't a soccer event.
You got some height on that jump girl! Looks like you had a great time. We miss all of you!
You know you have cool friends when they plan a mini Olympics. I'm totally jealous of the good times.
I would have entered the games if events included: brownie eating, TV watching, 60`s trivia, and lemonade.
(Conor loved seeing the old photos.)
Post a Comment