Monday, July 21, 2008

The first spoils


I share a garden with my kind friend, and this is what I hauled in this morning. Any tips for using over-ripe zucchinis out there (besides boats- we want to actually eat them!)?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Does overripe work in bread? If not, puree it and put it in spaghetti sauce.

Alicia said...

How about chocolate chocolate chip zucchini muffins (or cake), stuffed zucchini, or zucchini fritters? Yum! I'm jealous as any and all of our zucchini comes from the grocery store.

byebyedays said...

I love that you added me to your blog, and thanks for the comment. I've added you to my blog. I'll be visiting often. It's GREAT keeping in touch with you! Great job on the garden. We were going to do one this year, but didn't...Maybe next year.

Sweeney Household said...

Zucchini bread! YUM!!! Add chocolate chips too. Alicia beat me to my suggestions, I just noticed. I want the rasperries!!

Joe and Joanne said...

Those are great looking spoils!
Totally do zucchini bread! Not a very original idea, but very tasty. :)

Frozen Cacti said...

Make lasagna with the zucchini cut into strips like lasagna noodles. Sprinkle with salt before hand to draw out the extra water. You can also bread & deep fry slices. Not terribly healthy but so tasty when dipped in ranch dressing!!!

The Dickeys said...

Cami your veggies look very tasty! I love zucchini. I like in those classic ways like breading a little with some seasoning and pan frying it with a little oil and good ol' zucchini bread. I made 4 loaves and they were gone in not even 2 days. Im sure you already know this trick with having lynette as your mom but use spiced or regular applesauce in place of oil to make it a little healthier and super moist!