"I snuck some goldfish for my asthma-tizer before lunch." -Calvin 9/1/10
"I'm going to be a scientist when I grow up- I'm going to be like Albert Einstein. Except I'm going to investigate with balloons." -Bryn 1/12/11
[Proudly] "I'm obnoxious!!!" [pauses a few seconds] "That means both my arms and both my legs are equally strong. " -Bryn 3/23/11
[After the first loud thunder clap of the day] "Huh? Oh no no no! A Dinasaur a-coming!" -Ivy 6/9/11
"Just, whatever you do, if someone calls you carrots, DO NOT break a slate over their head." -Bryn's advice to Calvin on his first day of kindergarten 8/30/11
"Uncle Lance is a bigger pile of nuts than Dad."
-Calvin 12/28/11
[As Bryn and Calvin were doodling numbers on the whiteboard] "Calvin!!! Don't draw a clown face on my eight. You'll ruin it's dignity."
-Bryn 5/4/12
"You'll find that sometimes even serious people have a little bit of laugh in them."
-Calvin 9/9/12
"Atoms are made of neutrons, electrons, and pecans."
-Calvin 2/9/13
"You would need safety gloves to move the sun. And a ladder"
6 comments:
I love how proud she is of her story and she should be, it's great...and COOOKY!
Also,the ghost in your piano is really talented, ours, not so much.
Bryn, I loved your story and how you read it to me!
Dear Bryn,
I love your story. You are a great author and illustrator. (And, costume designer too!)
Happy Halloween! Did you get lots of candy?
Love,
Conor's mom
Loved your book, Bryn. Did the ghost in the piano learn that song from Joy School? Reminded me of R'els preschool days...
Bryn,
I loved the story--you did such a good job writing the book and making the pictures!
LL
I nominate the book for the Caldecott, Newbury, and Booker prizes. Bryn, the book is just phenomenal and you must write more immediately.
Post a Comment