I. Name one of your joys in life:Bryn: Kidnapping stuffed animals. My mom gave her an old orange pillow case that is the perfect kidnapping sack. She fills it with a few helpless (stuffed) victims and runs off laughing maniacally, interspersing it with projected desperate pleas from the parent stuffed animals.
Calvin: Twirling his hair. Preferably with his special blanket and favorite truck show.
II. Name one of your biggest fears
Bryn: Bugs of the flying type. If a mosquito lands on her she freezes, closes her eyes, and screams for somebody else to come brush it off. She cannot be persuaded to brush it off herself.
Calvin: The car leaving when he's only halfway in the door. He screams if we start the car preemptively and tells us repeatedly not to go yet until he's securely in his seat. Oh and I should mention wolves.
III. Name a goal you have
Bryn: To have a tondred and million of kids and dogs. Also, to visit the Great Wall of China and the Artic.
Calvin: To convince me we should have ravioli for dinner. Again.
IV. Name a current obsession
Bryn: Knots. She'll tie them in anything and everything (she's tripped a few dinner guests who are unsuspectingly have their feet tied to chairs). It compliments her joy of kidnapping well. I've been documenting the knots since I noticed the trend, and this seems the perfect occasion to share the disturbing obsession...

Calvin: Washing Dishes. You would think this would be helpful until you remember that he's two years old and loves throwing things.
V. Name a Random/Surprising fact about yourself
Bryn: Keeps her room fairly clean lately. With all the kidnapping and toy displacement that goes on during the day, this is no small task. She's also getting better at making her bed.
Calvin: Goes around singing "We don't wear sweaters in the summer," to the tune of the Simpson classic, "You can't win friends with salad." This jingle has almost cured him of his wardrobe ails.
Tag: any of my fellow sailors in the doldrums.
9 comments:
Your blog always keeps me laughing!
your kids are pretty great.
Good thing you told us about Bryn. I'm going to make sure we lock up Eli's toys next time you come..oh wait..you haven't been here yet...and I mostly love Calvin's song.
I love B and C! Calvin's hair pic is hilarious. Don't worry, I predict a weekend getaway post in your near future. Let's remember to take some pics.
Your kids are hysterical!
Your kids are so cute!! I love how you tell the stories and write... no only in this particular blog, but in the other you post. You could write books. I'd buy them and they would keep me laughing all day! What a great sense of joy to bring to parenting!
So I have unique grandchildren. If I hadn't had experience with their mother I might be shocked silly! I love their free spiritedness. Calvin can come do my dishes anytime. And my stuffed critters have been very bored since Bryn left.Nice writing by the way!
Not doldrums for me. I love reading and laughing with your blog.
P.S. Nick loves that Calvin sings Simpsons classic tunes.
Love your blog--so funny!
Post a Comment