Saturday, August 23, 2008

Campout (lucky) number 7

We attended our 7th annual AW campout up at Sharon, VT this weekend. We were fortunate to be joined by Peter's sister, Becca, and her family and spent our days hiking, swimming (pond and river), touring the Joseph Smith Birthplace Visitor's Center, eating gourmet camping food (including a three-course dutch oven dinner), gazing at stars, roasting foodstuffs on rollo-roasters, hammock naps, and other such revert-to-nature activities.

For the first time in a long time, the weather cooperated all three days and not a drop of rain fell.

7 comments:

rebecca said...

I love Camp Joseph. Looks like you had a great time. Our ward goes next weekend....I'm praying for good weather. Sunny skies are much more fun for moms and dad...the kids could care less about the weather:)

Jill said...

Looks like good times. I love the picture of Peter in the hammock. What a sweet guy.

Melanie said...

How fun! Was there a big debate about camping on Sunday?
Marcus has the same Spiderman life jacket that Bryn wore. It doesn't look as good on him since his still-huge belly pokes out underneath.

Laura said...

Is Calvin in the water? Did you photoshop him into it?

Darcee said...

I love all the pics of the campout, especially the one with Peter asleep with the babies. So sweet!

Drewmeister said...

So sad to miss this campout, but I did some camping of my own in Montana.

Watauga Relief Society said...

looks like it was so much fun! so glad you got to go!