Thursday, August 14, 2008

Night Games and other Outdoor Activities


For me, nothing says summer like outdoor games like Sardines and Kick-the-Can. I'm in the process of sifting through photos from our Family Reunion in June, and found these golden shots. The games were instigated by Peter's mom and dad.


Some of my other favorite night games are:

* No Bears Are Out Tonight
* Wave
* Ghost in the Graveyard
* Hide-and-Seek (of course)
* Buffalo
* Capture the Flag

What are yours?

6 comments:

The Greg Jones Family Blog said...

I smiled.

--

Grampa Jones

Jill said...

I hated night games because I was always afraid I would get carried away by the boogie man who was certainly lurking in the dark of my neighborhood.

Darcee said...

Kick the can and Capture the Flag are the best! I think you should have a special SSD outdoor game night. If I was there, you know I'd head it up!

Tammy and Alvin said...

Buffalo? How do you play?

Cami said...

I suppose "buffalo" could more appropriately be called "stampede."

To begin, all players but the one who is "it" line up on one side of a field. The person who is it stands in the middle and calls, "Buffalo," at which point all the players must make their way to the other side of the field without being tagged.

Anyone tagged by the one in the middle becomes a helper (they now help tag the buffalo) and play repeats from the other side and continues in rounds until only one person has not been tagged, who is, of course, the winner.

Sherene said...

I love Capture the Flag and Ghost in the Graveyard. Ahh, some great memories.