Another Calvin quirk that we recently discovered: he talks to his fingers (and his fingers talk back). Yesterday we were taking him to some friends' house to be watched while we went out, and on the drive over there his fingers were asking some questions about where they were going and Calvin was reassuring them.
I couldn't help but remember Bryn's imaginary friend Humpty Dumpty when she was Calvin's age. She took him everywhere and even buckled him into the car. I unwittingly sat on him more than once, and was severely scolded for it.
7 comments:
My fingers often tell me that I need a snack. I should get a pocket sewn on my shirt for storage.
Redrum, redrum, redrum...
I usually have a couple of smooshy M&M's in my pockets. I think I inherited the food storage trait from Calvin. And I have never heard of talking fingers. I think it is wonderful. They would always be with you and never get lost or sat upon, unlike the Humpty Dumpty. I relate well to your children.
So are you saying that I shouldn't be answering my fingers? ;)
Hooray for imaginary friends and food storage. You crack me up!
Kids are such a crack-up. The clothing food storage is a good idea though. I'll have to look into that.
I love Calvin's food storage system. And saltines are so much better than wheat berries.
Post a Comment