Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Restaurant Week alla Marco

Restaurant Week in Boston is not to be missed. Some of Boston's finest (and most expensive) restaurants open their doors with prix fixe menus at a fraction of their regular prices for a few precious days of the year.

This year I ventured to Marco (an Italian restaurant in the North End) with Laura and a couple of friends. The food was as aromatic as it was delicious, the atmosphere was cozy and uncluttered by the usual North End gaudy decor, and the dessert was divine.

clockwise starting in upper-left corner: Pork Milanese, Truffled Mushroom Risotto, Shrimp Scampi Pasta, and Chocolate Panna Cotta.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

What a delicious and wonderful meal that was. What a great time!

Jennifer said...

The one and only time I had risotto was during a flight . . . and it was so good! I've wondered if the real thing was anything like that. Yours looks great. Restaurant week sounds cool.

Frozen Cacti said...

It's killing me that I'm missing this. Thanks for posting pictures so I could vicariously enjoy the experience!

By the way, thanks for introducing me to the "meanest mom" blog. It provides much needed comic relief, especially with all the nosy old people around here.

Karen said...

Hmmm...looks delicious. It's funny because I was thinking about when I came down with you guys to restaurant week and was like..."that was a lot of fun, but what did I do with Eli?...doh...that's right...I didn't have him yet". I really was confused for a second. I always thought it was so lame when people said..."it's like he's always been part of us"...but the thing is when that's the majority of your life, you forget what it's like to have it any other way.

TGP said...

I loooooove RW with girlfriends...I am glad you got out...

Hugs,
SLP

Laura said...

It was so fun hanging out with the girls. Don't tell Michelle, but I was secretly thinking of knocking her out so that I could have her shrimp scampi.