Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Feeding the horse

Peter took the kids on a walk to feed the local horses and brought along a single long carrot. As they approached the pasture, Peter broke the carrot into three pieces, handed one to Bryn, one to Calvin, and kept one for himself.

He was just showing Bryn how to hold the carrot so the horse could eat it from her hand, when something whizzed past him into the pasture: Calvin had flung his carrot piece at the horse with all his might, and then proclaimed matter-of-factly, "I scared."

Calvin continued to stand back and refused to come any closer as Bryn fed the horse her piece, then she fished out Calvin's piece with a stick and fed that one to the horse as well. I guess my 4-H barrel-racing roots won't be rubbing off on Cal any time soon.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Were you really a barrell racer?

ellen said...

Cal seems like a city boy!

David said...

I think it's good to share your true feelings.

Joe and Joanne said...

:) Oh Calvin is the B-E-S-T!