Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My beautiful Grandmother Reba

You've always been an inspiration and a hero to me. Your guidance in my life has meant more to me than you'll ever know. Happy Birthday!
A few ways Grandma has set an example for me:
  • Overcoming obstacles- The dairy farm my grandparents were tri-owners of burned to the ground and they had to start their lives again from scratch. Not only did Grandma support my Grandfather in his teaching degree, she got a matching one of her own. They both taught Special Ed for years and years.
  • Raising children- Grandma successfully raised ten wonderful children. Enough said.
  • Patience and kindness- I watched Grandma take care of Grandpa for years and years with a love and tenderness that never ceased to bring a tear to my eye.
  • Attention to detail- Even though she has something close to a bazillion grandchildren and great-grandchildren, she sends me a birthday card every year and calls me on occasion. She even sent my kids a get-well card when we had the flu this winter.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I completely agree - couldn't ask for a better role model. After I got my deviated septum fixation surgery (didn't take), Mom had to work and dropped me off at Grandma's. It was a lovely afternoon, what with her bringing me snacks, drinks, and blankets and asking every five minutes if there was anything she could do to make me more comfortable. I also loved going to hang out with her and Grandpa when I was in college. She would often feed me lunch and we'd chit chat or I'd do homework. Best Grandma ever. I love you!

Joe and Joanne said...

What a wonderful tribute to your grandmother. What an amazing woman!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Grandma Reba. You truly are a gem. Thanks for everything you've done to influence my life.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Grandma!! I love you and am so grateful for all you have done for me. You are an inspiring woman and I aspire to be like you. I don't think I will have ten children though! I'm not good enough for that.