Monday, April 13, 2009

And more annual wishes



To my dad, who's done a lot of thrilling and exciting things in his life (yes, he built the hang-glider himself), yet knows that true joy can be found in simple things like taking grandchildren to feed the local ducks and enjoying a cool summer evening with a picnic up a canyon.

6 comments:

Laura said...

I like him.

Karen said...

dad, i'm your number one fan. love those pics camila.

Jill said...

I love seeing these kind of pictures of Dave because I never knew him when he did these things. I just hear the stories. I do get to see him enjoy the simple things though. I've always been impressed with the things he is intrested in a how he becomes an expert on everything from edible wild plants to astronomy. I was blown away when he just decided to rebuild the Tropper engine and did it all by himself!

Happy Birthday Dave. You're a fabulous father in law, a wonderful Grandpa, and a great person. I love you.

David said...

Wow! He's kind of cute!

Chandra said...

I expect that to be a future preschool lesson..."Hanglidding 101"

Joe and Joanne said...

Awesome! These pictures are seriously cool. I love the old ones, and your Dad looks like quite the fun and friendly adventurer. Now I know where Laura gets it!