Monday, April 20, 2009

Mount Misery


We took a Patriot's Day hike up Mount Misery. Along the way we found a cool hollow tree. The kids could have spent the entire time throwing billy goats (that bore a striking resemblance to small rocks) into the water, but were good sports about hiking (most of the way).

I'm not sure why the gently sloping hill with no view from the top was called Mount Misery, but it was a lovely hike and a pleasant way to spend a morning.

8 comments:

Laura said...

I used to daydream about finding a hollow tree that only I would know about, where I could read and horde candy. Alas, I have never found one.

ellen said...

Where the heck is Mt. Misery?!?

Cami said...

Here are directions and a description.

Karen said...

All right. Seriously. You're still hiking? Shouldn't you be engaged in other activities? Such as childbirth?

David said...

I figure if you can't have a decent contraction, you may as well drown your sorrow in a hike to Mt. Misery! Hey, enjoy what you have!

Joe and Joanne said...

I don't know why they name half the things they name in Boston the way they do - it's a mystery I hope to come to the bottom of before I leave: Your guess is as good as mine why that hill is called "Misery Hill." I'm glad all of you had a nice time on it anyway!

Melanie said...

Looks like fun, especially if you like cold hikes without a view. Were you trying to induce labor?

Unknown said...

Are you carrying Calvin to try to entice her to stay put, and come out?