Relatively warm temps + spring break + blue skies = first picnic of the year
We dragged Peter away from his Thesis Proposal for some football, rock climbing and PBJs. Life is good. And watch out for our Future Little Red-headed Defensive Tackle and Long-haired Running Back:
Grandpa Dickey: Looks ugly, cold, and really boring. And being able to run and throw the football is terrifically over-rated. Especially without Grandpa. [With furrowed brows, a frown, and crossed arms] Hmmmpphhh.
Looks like you had a very fun day out in the sun with the fam... We know how ya feel over here in SNOWY UTAH. We did that last weekend in our shorts and sandals, now it's back to the snow boots, and winter coats.:(
Many thanks for sending Abe our way. We all partook in a delightful donuts from Macey's bakery. Mmmmmmm. Tell Calvin to start ruining something else so you can turn it into another blog guessing game. We're all anxiously awaiting with our guesses.
You got to frolick in the gorgeous outdoors while I was stuck in the hum-drum office cube. NO FAIR! ;) Looks like a great time! It's about lunchtime and just the mention of the PBJs have caused my tummy to rumble...time to eat!
"I snuck some goldfish for my asthma-tizer before lunch." -Calvin 9/1/10
"I'm going to be a scientist when I grow up- I'm going to be like Albert Einstein. Except I'm going to investigate with balloons." -Bryn 1/12/11
[Proudly] "I'm obnoxious!!!" [pauses a few seconds] "That means both my arms and both my legs are equally strong. " -Bryn 3/23/11
[After the first loud thunder clap of the day] "Huh? Oh no no no! A Dinasaur a-coming!" -Ivy 6/9/11
"Just, whatever you do, if someone calls you carrots, DO NOT break a slate over their head." -Bryn's advice to Calvin on his first day of kindergarten 8/30/11
"Uncle Lance is a bigger pile of nuts than Dad."
-Calvin 12/28/11
[As Bryn and Calvin were doodling numbers on the whiteboard] "Calvin!!! Don't draw a clown face on my eight. You'll ruin it's dignity."
-Bryn 5/4/12
"You'll find that sometimes even serious people have a little bit of laugh in them."
-Calvin 9/9/12
"Atoms are made of neutrons, electrons, and pecans."
-Calvin 2/9/13
"You would need safety gloves to move the sun. And a ladder"
8 comments:
I love when the weather gets warm!
Grandpa Dickey: Looks ugly, cold, and really boring. And being able to run and throw the football is terrifically over-rated. Especially without Grandpa. [With furrowed brows, a frown, and crossed arms] Hmmmpphhh.
Looks like you had a very fun day out in the sun with the fam... We know how ya feel over here in SNOWY UTAH. We did that last weekend in our shorts and sandals, now it's back to the snow boots, and winter coats.:(
Oh am I jealous!
Many thanks for sending Abe our way. We all partook in a delightful donuts from Macey's bakery. Mmmmmmm. Tell Calvin to start ruining something else so you can turn it into another blog guessing game. We're all anxiously awaiting with our guesses.
You got to frolick in the gorgeous outdoors while I was stuck in the hum-drum office cube. NO FAIR! ;)
Looks like a great time! It's about lunchtime and just the mention of the PBJs have caused my tummy to rumble...time to eat!
Too cute!
I think Calvin is going to be an awesome linebacker some day. That kid is intimidating!
It looks cold and brown to me but I'm glad you guys had fun. Love the family pic with Bryn taking a big bite out of her sandwich.
Post a Comment