Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Contest: Joe the Plumber


Our kitchen sink was backing up off and on, and no amount of boiling water or chemical degreaser seemed to be helping. So Peter opened up the p-trap (that u-shaped piece of pipe under the sink), and lo and behold, the obstruction was found: plastic drinking straws. That's right, plural straws.

So now you get to guess how many straws we pulled out (each one laden with grease and broken eggshells- mmmm, so pleasant), and who done it. I'll mail a surprise (no, not the gunky straws) to the first person with the closest estimate of the number of straws and a correct guess on the culprit.

14 comments:

Shauna said...

I'll go with 9 straws and Calvin the culprit.

Kimberly said...

Hmmm, Calvin, and 12 straws.

Karen said...

17 straws, bryn

Jill said...

Mike took our p-trap off just last week and found some make-up brushes, a dental cleaning tool, a toothbrush, and some eye shadow. Guess who is (are) the culprit(s)?

I'm guessing Calvin and 14 straws.

Emily + Eric said...

Calvin, with an even 10 straws.

Tammy and Alvin said...

Oooh. I love contests.

I'm guessing Peter accidentally put the first one down, but he's not admitting it. Then Calvin, trying to be like his Dad, put an additional 10 straws down while singing to himself about what a good boy he is.

So that's a total of 11 straws and 2 culprits (even though one (or both) of them will never fess up).

Joe and Joanne said...

Ooooo, a contest - I love these! I'm guessing 9 and that it was Calvin. ;)

rebecca said...

Calvin 8 straws...poor Calvin, he's getting the most votes by far;)
We just pulled 2 Star Wars figures from our toilet pipe the other day. Fun!

Quinn said...

It was Peter in the kitchen with the wrench (and 15 straws).

David said...

Forget the straws, forget the culprit. I want to know if you are going to eat out of that bowl again!

Katie said...

I'm going with Peter and 8 straws.

BunchesofBradys said...

4 straws and it was definitely YOU!!!
You forgot about those straws you gave the kids and they slipped down the drain without you knowing it.

s. said...

C_a_L_V_I_N ??

Laura said...

Oh maaaaaannnn... I completely missed this post.