Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ginger-Cars

For a month or two now, Calvin has been pointing to seemingly random cars on the road and gleefully proclaiming, "Look, there's a Ginger-Car!" Confused, we tried to decipher what this meant.

Do Ginger-Cars have candy-shaped taillights? Is the snow on the top like icing? Is "Ginger" a racial slang he picked up from Aunt Laura (j/k, she's very PC, of course)?

We finally got an explanation the other day. After asking (for maybe the hundredth time) what makes a Ginger-Car, Calvin responded, "because it's fast as fast can be," as in, you'll never catch me. It turns out, every Ginger-Car he points out is passing us.

Today Peter finally passed a car himself, and Calvin burst out happily, "now we have a Ginger-Car!" I don't think Calvin's ever been more proud.

*Photos from a Google image search

11 comments:

Corinne said...

Love all the posts. Your blog always gives me a much needed chuckle.

s. said...

So funny. Do we have a ginger car... not when you guys are here and want to go to Arby's :) good times!! Miss you!

Joe and Joanne said...

LOL - that Calvin is so funny!

I want to eat that Ginger car. Sugar craving.

David said...

Will one pass make him happy or will Peter have to become a maniac to please him?

Katie said...

My only observation is that you and Peter must be very cautious (i.e. slow) drivers if it took 1-2 months for Calvin to get the satisfaction of seeing you pass another driver. That kid is so funny!

byebyedays said...

Ginger car, I believe that's what I drive.:) Pretty dang hilarious.

Jill said...

I do not have a ginger car, but I would like to eat the one in the picture you posted! I'm hungry!

Laura said...

Come on, am I the only one who is going to point out that your gingercar has "FART" scrawled across it?

Cami said...

Actually, Peter also thought that's what it says, but you two have potty minds, so I'm not surprised.

Anyway, it clearly says "FARM." Come on, this is a high class blog.

Laura said...

Right... "farm"...

Karen said...

calvin would really like riding with zack.