Wednesday, March 11, 2009

And we have a winner....

The culprit, correctly guessed by most, was this little guy:
Surprise, surprise.


The number of straws was.......10! And if you can look at this picture for longer than .5 seconds and still eat lunch, bravo to you.

Congratulations, Emily and/or Eric, you correctly guessed the number and the culprit. Vanna, let's show them what they've won:
You will be the lucky recipients of 4 Coupons, each for a free Jr. Frosty from Wendy's (our family's favorite things to slurp with straws).

Thanks for playing everyone! And special thanks for those who voted for Peter or shared lovely stories of things found in their own pipes; you totally made my day.


BTW, when I was trying to come up with a one liner about how we know Emily + Eric, it was next to impossible to sum up briefly: Emily grew up next door to Peter, took piano lessons from the same beloved teacher as me (and we had many a group class and recital together), married Eric, who is my brother's wife's brother, lived in the apartment attached to Peter's parents' house after they were married, and Eric dated my sister in a galaxy long long ago. I'm sure there are other connections that I'm missing, but those are the main ones. That's the Cache Valley Cabal for you!

13 comments:

Jill said...

Yeah Emily! You won! Way to go sister-in-law!

Love the explaination of how you know them Cami!

Tammy and Alvin said...

Hey, I correctly pegged Calvin for 10, though there is still no evidence that he followed Peter's example. All I have to say is: Peter, when your example/straw is uncovered at Judgment Day for all the world to see, you owe me a Frosty.

Joe and Joanne said...

Calvin is looking sooooo French in that cap and scarf. Cool.
You can forgive him because he's so darn cute, right? ;)

Laura said...

Also, I was in the RS presidency with Emily's sister who later married a guy I was on-again-off-again dating (those darn Ernstrom girls... good thing they're so nice and funny or I would be tempted to pull their hair or something), and also, Eric served his mission with and was buddies with BJ (another guy, another galaxy). And also, I once saw Emily hanging out at a local baseball game. I think that's about it.

laree ulynn said...

cami,
that picture of calvin is SO SO cute!!! he's so big!

byebyedays said...

ewwwww! GROSS!:)

Peter said...

More Eric & Emily connections:

Emily's sister (the one who married Laura's ex-beau) was also the first girl I ever held hands with (don't know if Cami actually knew that). Eric's grandparents lived in my ward and were good friends with my grandparents and parents. Emily's dad was my little league coach, along with the husband of the piano teacher who taught Cami and Emily. Eric's uncle Rob was my Young Men's advisor. Hmmm...I'm sure I'm missing some. Anyway, long live the Cache Valley cabal.

Emily + Eric said...

Yiiipppppeeeee!! We've been out of town & I just checked in to see the results! I'm honored to accept my frosty coupons, and look forward to playing again.

Emily + Eric said...

Oh - and Peter's mother was my Beehive leader in YW. Maybe I can get Becky to post her Journal entry of the actual hand holding with Peter. Oh yeah, it was at "The Little Mermaid." I've read all about it - simply scandalous.

Becky said...

O.k. everyone hold on to your seats for a good laugh. Ahhh young love.

February 15, 1990
Ah Valentines DAy! I love it. I sent Peter 2 balloons. One of them was shaped like a heart that said "Be Mine" with 3 hershey kisses in it. The other one just said Happy Valentines Day. Today while he came over to get me for sledding, he had a rose in his hand. He gave me the rose and said "Happy Valentines Day Becky." It was a fake rose but smelled wonderful. He asked me if I wanted to go to a movie tonight. Did I want to go??!!! Of course I did!! I got permission and we went to The Little Mermaid. We weren't alone of course. Mike, Miriam, Emily, and Peter's parents were there. But they sat in the front and we sat in the back. We shared the same armrest and he almost held my hand. I think he was sort of shy so he didn't. That's O.k. with me. We are also going sledding tomorrow. He put his arm around me while we were tubing in the tube. He is so cute!!! Good night, Becky

Good times, Pete Good times!! I hope your o.k. with me sharing my journal entry. Your great and Cami is lucky to have such a great guy for a husband.

Laura said...

Ha ha ha ha ha. Love it. I especially love, "It was a fake rose but smelled wonderful." Great story, Becky!

Peter said...

Memories, light the corner of my mind...

I did get up the guts to *actually* hold Becky's hand (not just almost, like during "The Little Mermaid" pseudo-date). It just took me a few more months (and a fortuitous near-slip on some ice during a walk up the canyon).

SLP said...

I wonder what Calvin was thinking as he put 10 straws down the drain...what an adventure!