Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Official Autumnal Post

5 Things I hate about autumn:
  • Turning on the heat (those gurgling banging hissing noises are driving me insane)
  • School Traffic (like traffic wasn't already bad enough)
  • Leaf litter (yes, I'm talking about you yucky wet brown leaves stuck in my windshield wipers)
  • Loss of daylight hours (come on, darkness while we're at church?!?)
  • Hands of the Dead (perpetually stone-cold fingers that don't type very well)

5 Things I love about autumn:

  • The Autumn Leaves (the lovely sights and the song sung by Paula Cole)
  • Hot Liquid (cider, chocolate, wassail, etc.)
  • Sweaters and Scarves (think cashmere not briar patch)
  • Down Comforters (thank you IKEA!)
  • Bird Migration (I know someday the geese will let me join them)

4 comments:

Karen said...

I really like the fingers of the dead...

rebecca said...

I love the hot liquids too. We've already gone through 2 boxes of hot chocolate. It hits 50 degrees and my kids start begging for the hot chocolate.
One thing I LOVE about autumn is apple picking because it leads to apple pies a la mode. Yummmmm!

Joe and Joanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Hate: that I have to wear full-length pants instead of capris or skirts; my legs just can't reach the bottoms.

Love: House MD starts again with new episodes.