Saturday, October 20, 2007

Fun in Gardner

We spent some time in Gardner with some friends, and went to an apple farm (our first since we moved here). I can't get over the idea that people pay to pick apples here. I guess that's the problem with being raised with 5+ apple trees to add to the daily chore load. I suppose it was fun to smell rotten apples again and climb up to the good ones. But after 4-5 apples, I had totally had my fill.

Random fun memory: I used to take our rotten apples and throw them as hard as I could at our neighbor's chainlink fence to try to make them stick. Looking back, the neighbors couldn't have been too pleased about my pitching practice.

Pictures from the farm. Sorry, no apple pictures, just some cute animals and humans.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I think we may be the only East Coasters who haven't been apple picking, and I don't think we'll be going. Like you, David thinks of it as a chore that he did when he was little, and I'm currently content to pick my apples at the store.

Alicia said...

I don't think we're keeping up with the Joneses. Is that how you would spell that?

Page Family said...

It looks so cold!