Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Berkshire Situation

We had a lovely mini vacation at the Berkshires (mountain range in Western Mass) this week. It was one of those time share things where we payed pretty much nothing for a nice hotel in exchange for letting someone try to brow beat us into buying a timeshare condo for 90 minutes. I think it was a great deal. It was our first time there, and the foliage was still gorgeous, so we loved it.
Bryn's favorite part was the pool. The first time we went, Peter and I weren't watching her closely, and I turned around and noticed she was in and under the water. Peter jumped in and fished her out. After she got done spluttering, she proclaimed "I did it! I swam all by myself." It seems we'll have to get her some lessons sooner than later.
After our timeshare-a-thon, we hiked around Mt. Greylock. I call the picture below "Calvin Blaylock on a Green Rock at Mount Greylock." It was a fantastic Fall day for a hike.
One last photo of my extremely photogenic children (and this was the best of the batch) ...

7 comments:

Karen said...

I love all these pictures, especially the last one. I also love that Bryn thinks she swims "all by herself" now. What an independent little lady!

Laura said...

I truly have never seen such photogenic children... can we dig up Bryn's "won't you be my valentine" picture from a couple years back, or maybe her Elle McPherson poses on your old front porch?

Cami said...

I'm not sure what Elle McPherson pose you're speaking of (there were so many), but here's Bryn's valentine.

Cami said...

maybe it's this one.

Diana said...

I've still never convinced my hubby to go to one of those timeshare spills for a free vacation! I think now would be the perfect time because a free vacation would fit the budget, and no matter how tempting a time share would be, we can't afford it! Cute kids, and I agree with Karen that it was classic of Bryn to think she swims "all by herself"!

Joe and Joanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia said...

I love that you went on a timeshare vacation. Even David got a laugh out of it. He probably thought it was just like Peter to do something cheap like that!