Saturday, June 6, 2009

It's too quiet...

It was Saturday night and the kids had just taken their baths. I was rocking Ivy in the front room when I realized it had gone quiet, and panic set in. Anyone with small children can testify about the gravity of this situation. We're talking code blue...as in scissors cutting siblings hair and wedding dresses, marker on the baby's face, real water filling the fake plastic kitchen sink in the kid's bedroom panic. But nothing could have prepared me for what I found when I opened the kids' bedroom door...















Yes, aliens have abducted my children and replaced them with these copies that, by themselves, went and found PJs, beds, and books, and set to quietly reading in the dusky twilight. If you see the actual Bryn and Calvin streaking naked through the streets of America (with scissors in their hands), tell them we love them and will (sort of) miss them.

10 comments:

ellen said...

I'll be watching for them...

Karen said...

yep. they're definitely out there somewhere.

David said...

Wow! Wonders never cease. Enjoy the moment!

Jill said...

This would NEVER happen at my house. I hope you enjoyed the moment Cami!!!

Swoopref said...

I`m showing this photo to Conor & Megan!

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

I found your blog off of Jynjer's and I'm crying I'm laughing so hard at all you funny posts. Your a crack up. So I'm kind of a blog stalker but it was fun to peek in on you and see what you are up to. Your kids are darling and I LOVE the name Ivy!! Cute cute. drop by my blog and we can catch up via blog-o-shpere.

Kristi (Jensen) Jones :)

Drewmeister said...

Hope this keeps up!

Kimberly said...

Awesome!

Carrie said...

They must love their mom and knew she had a hard day so they decided to do what they were supposed to.

Laura said...

The real kids were at my house eating frosting for dinner.