The kids and I took advantage of the weather and hit the park near our house for the whole morning. I almost feel guilty on days like these; the kids played on the playground and I played on the basketball court adjacent to the playground. We always have the place to ourselves and I've come to think of it as our second backyard that I don't have to take care of.
Today I utilized the kids' sidewalk chalk (thanks again, Rolana!) and my trusty tape measure to draw some regulation lines on the court. Just in case you're wondering what they are, enjoy this diagram.

We also saw this cool weed growing in the grass. 5 points go to the first person to identify it correctly.

5 comments:
Ooo, ooo, ooo - I want points:
It's a PURPLE DEADNETTLE!
What a great thing to have a park all to yourselves!
That looks like pretty fancy work for chalk that will erase with the next rain storm! But it sounds fun. I looked at all the purple flowers in google and couldn't come up with a proper title. I'm happy you enjoyed yourself and I am especially happy that someone else mows and waters your second yard!
Oh, so close Joanne. It does resemble purple deadnettle, but I believe it's actually something else. Keep guessing!
Hmmmm...looks like a deadnettle to me! I think it also goes by the more commonly known "stinging nettle?"
I think it's blue bugleweed. I don't give myself any points because I had the advantage of viewing in person and seeing how it grows before I picked it.
Post a Comment