Wednesday, March 5, 2008

WWMD?

I decided in the midst of the New England Monsoon & Cold Season, it was time to make some homemade chicken noodle soup. I was envisioning the soup my mom makes, complete with big fat homemade noodles.

I mixed up the noodle dough, kneeded it for 10 minutes, and realized I had no rolling pin. Since the fire we've gotten by with fingerpressing, but trying to finger press stiff dough to 1/16th of an inch didn't sound like my kind of fun. So I asked myself a question I often ask myself: "How would McGyver solve this?" and came up with a solution. It worked well enough, but a rolling pin is now much higher on my things to buy list.

10 comments:

Diana said...

Impressive! That soup looks really good too!!

Alicia said...

That looks tasty. If we leave right now, we might be just in time for dinner about 6:30. If only we had a car...

David said...

Wow! I am the most impressed person who looks at your blog. I am stunned that you remembered that we had chicken soup with homemade noodles and totally amazed that you made some yourself. Your skills as a wife and mother continually astonish me! Good job.

ellen said...

Looks delicious. I'm going to call you the next time I get a cold!

Joe and Joanne said...

Oh my goodness Cami - I love you! You are my inspiration. Anyone who can make something like homemade noodles is top on my list of people to learn from. You are awesome!

Laura said...

I accept your unspoken, unwritten, and untelepathied invitation to dinner tonight. Mom, I can make noodles, too! I just choose not to...

Karen said...

Hmmmmm...could you move to CO...ASAP?

M & S said...

I think you should start a new McGyver show, maybe I can be the pitch the idea to 'GBH.

Drewmeister said...

I love McGyver!

Sweeney Household said...

Cami, Your soup looks delicious! I love the homemade rolling pin -- does Bryn have a "fake" one? Look out this Christmas -- it will be the most popular gift for you. he he. I've always wanted to make homemade noodles. :) YUM!