As a child, Saturday night meant an eternity trapped in a chair in front of the Lawrence Welk Show (think polka and polyester) while my mother put my hair in sponge curlers so I could have springy sproingy curly hair for Sunday.
This week I found the wicked torture devices at Target, and of course, bought them on the spot.
I didn't subject Bryn to Lawrence Welk (we flipped between The Ten Commandments and The Magnificent Seven), but I still felt some residual guilt as I put her hair up in curlers.
She trepidaciously asked me beforehand what they were made of and I said "sponge," to which she replied (visibly relieved), "oh, good, like Spongebob." It was fun to wake up and find out what kind of mangy mess we were in store for, and Bryn was thoroughly delighted by her "curly-locks hair."
4 comments:
Bryn, you are beautiful! The sponge curlers used to get stuck in my long hair and I'd end up ripping out chunks of blonde hair. The sacrifices we make as women....
I love Bryn's hair. I like the idea of doing the braid then the curler. Very very cute!
Very cute! Eden's hair was just getting long enough to try stuff like this with, but alas, we are going to have to probably wait another 3 years before it's all grown out enough to attempt it!
Bryn's dress is adorable! Is Bryn borrowing your rollers Cami?
Post a Comment