Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Too much thought for food?

I've stumbled onto a routine that has greatly increased our quality of life: meal planning. I know, most of you have done this for years. But I decided that I'd take each day of the week and give it a theme, and pick dinner accordingly. So here's the new schedule:

-Sunday is Crock-Pot day (chili, Roast, Root-beer pork, etc.)
-Monday is Pasta day (spaghetti, manacotti, lasagna, ravioli, etc.)
-Tuesday is sandwich day (hamburgers, french dip, chicken parm., etc.)
-Wednesday is rice-based (mango-chicken, stir-fries, ham-fried rice, etc.)
-Thursday is Fish day (salmon, fish sticks, seafood in general, etc.)
-Friday is Pizza/misc. (homemade, delivery, frozen, steak, wild-card, etc.)
-Saturday is Poultry day (any manner of chicken or turkey dishes- this Saturday is oriental cabbage chicken salad)

Anyway, it was super easy to make our grocery list this week because the picking meals is so much easier now. Dinner is much more on time now, because we don't spend 30 minutes just trying to decide what to have. And we manage to have more vegatables because they're planned in advance. So this is a very successful New Year's resolution thus far.

9 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, this situation is going to work out so well for me.

Tammy and Alvin said...

I'm glad you warned us. Now I'll know never to visit you on a Thursday.

P.S. What happened to Leftover Day?

Joe and Joanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rebecca said...

You are good! I'm so impressed. Rootbeer pork sounds right up my alley.

ellen said...

You might enjoy this blog:
http://www.thisweekfordinner.com/ (former A.W. member)

Karen said...

Wow. You've officially made me feel bad about myself. Maybe I shall just copy you exactly...then I will not have to think for myself. Fantastic.

Lesa said...

This is such an awesome idea and hopefully one of these days I'll apply it to my own life.

Melanie said...

Oh, how I miss those Jones celestial manna from heaven meals! Come to Okinawa immediately!

Diana said...

I'm with Karen, I think I'll just save myself the trouble of thinking for myself and just copy your plan!!