Sunday, December 23, 2012

Ice Water is Fun (day...I've lost track)


It's hard to pick a favorite activity from all the exciting adventures we've had, but I think we both agree this is a strong contender. The caves at Waianapanapa State Park are filled with a mixture of fresh water and tidal ocean waters, resulting in possibly the most clear (and cold) water I've ever swum in.

But even better than jumping off a small cliff into the frigid water was the fact that, after donning headlamps, we and our new buddies (heard in the above video) went exploring and discovered about 5 hidden chambers past the main one. The last one required a squeeze and then a plunge into unknown depths. Excellent fun.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Cami...you and I are most certainly not cut from the same clothe, but I'm so glad we are related, because you are very cool!

p.s. Why is no one screaming when they hit that cold water? I can't understand it.

Laura said...

This makes my lips numb just thinking about it, but yes, I will go spelunking/swimming with you.

Lynette said...

Great sound effects! Are you and Lance related (squeeze through the small hole)! Looks exhilarating!