One of Vermont's Top Ten waterfalls is nestled 10 miles from where we camped last weekend. Lance and I chased it, and when we got back Ivy's first question was, "Did you catch it?" Yes, yes we did. And the above photo was not the actual waterfall (although lovely in it's own right).
There are some videos at the end of the pictures.
Lance is always so trepidatious on these adventures.
Upper part of the falls
Sibling Power Fist Bump
I brought my non-zooming 50 prime lens, so this is my best attempt at stitching together a complete photo of the waterfall. The videos are a much better way to view the waterfall.
The final video is my first attempt at trail-walking video-ing. If you can make it through the fast motion, there's a treat waiting at the end of the video (more precious than a pot of gold, but don't cheat and just skip to the end):
"I snuck some goldfish for my asthma-tizer before lunch." -Calvin 9/1/10
"I'm going to be a scientist when I grow up- I'm going to be like Albert Einstein. Except I'm going to investigate with balloons." -Bryn 1/12/11
[Proudly] "I'm obnoxious!!!" [pauses a few seconds] "That means both my arms and both my legs are equally strong. " -Bryn 3/23/11
[After the first loud thunder clap of the day] "Huh? Oh no no no! A Dinasaur a-coming!" -Ivy 6/9/11
"Just, whatever you do, if someone calls you carrots, DO NOT break a slate over their head." -Bryn's advice to Calvin on his first day of kindergarten 8/30/11
"Uncle Lance is a bigger pile of nuts than Dad."
-Calvin 12/28/11
[As Bryn and Calvin were doodling numbers on the whiteboard] "Calvin!!! Don't draw a clown face on my eight. You'll ruin it's dignity."
-Bryn 5/4/12
"You'll find that sometimes even serious people have a little bit of laugh in them."
-Calvin 9/9/12
"Atoms are made of neutrons, electrons, and pecans."
-Calvin 2/9/13
"You would need safety gloves to move the sun. And a ladder"
1 comment:
Pot, ha ha. I like your waterfall adventure, in a YOU-ARE-ABSOLUTE-D-BAGS-FOR-DOING-THIS-WITHOUT-ME kind of way.
Post a Comment