Peter and I hiked Mt. Monadnock for the first time today. It's been on both of our lists since we moved here 9 years ago.
Our friends were nice enough to take our kids, and it was strange to ride in the car and listen to nothing but each other talk and grownup music (the Shins), and have no need to fling goldfish into the back seats (but we did anyway, just to keep in practice).
The hike was fantastic- one big mini-bouldering expedition. We made it to the top in just over and hour, enjoyed the view, and ran back down (I'm not going to lie, we rocked that trail-it's nice to know we're still part mountain goat). I give it 5 hiking boots up.
Here's a dizzifying movie of a 360 panorama at the top- which is how we felt after summitting. If you look closely you may see a couple of familiar faces (Katie and Mauricio). It's always fun to unexpectedly see people you know in lands far away.
2 comments:
That is a beautiful view. Very green.
What a great hike. So pretty.
Post a Comment