Saturday, July 30, 2011

Jeepin' Up




Dad drove us up the lovely Right Hand fork this evening. Along the way, the kids were treated to a retelling of Old Ephraim (the first time they've heard of him).

Sunset lighting makes for nice portraits:

Except when one of is a cranky, carsick, and past one's bed time.

Along the way, Calvin casually mentioned that he saw some sort of animal on the mountainside. He was right:

8 comments:

Marsha said...

Wow, what a beautiful drive. It's almost hard to believe that there are people who have never heard of Old Ephraim. The things you take for granted.

Lynette said...

It was a lovely drive. Poor Ivy! Her photo says it all. Calvin has good eyes. I figured he had seen a rock or tree that looked like an animal, but there it was!

Lance M. Dickey said...

I think that adventure looks fun. Nice pics!

Diana said...

So, can you really drive up that rode in a minivan? I've never been to the grave, but Rob and I tried to go there right after we were married in a Geo Prism, and we were out putting rocks in dips so we could get over, and other such stuff as that, but had to finally give it up when a big, black raincloud came up. So, I've been waiting till we could afford a 4 wheel drive vehicle before attempting to go up there, but recently I have heard that the road is passable for most cars. Is that true? I would love to take my kids up there and so I could see it too! I don't know the stories either, though, so maybe you could send an email with it. . .

The Dickeys said...

Those pictures are beautimous! Mostly I love Ivy.

Laura said...

I love that picture of Bryn. And Calvin. And Ivy (for different reasons). I think that area is one of my favorite of all time.

Cami said...

Diana- I would be hesitant to drive up there in a minivan. We had my dad's 4 wheel drive SUV, and while we didn't use the 4WD, we were definitely glad for the higher base.

Karen said...

Those pics don't even look real. Except for the one of Ivy. I can so relate to that.