Saturday, September 27, 2008

Clambake

There is nothing like the smell of freshly cooked steamahs, live-boiled lobstahs, and freshly urethaned gym floors. Despite the monsoon wrecking our beach day, we still had a great lunch and fun time chatting with new and old friends.

Are you looking at me? Are YOU looking at me?

I like the suspicious look Calvin is giving the lobster.

Bryn asked if lobsters had brains, so Chris took it upon himself to dissect his lobster's head to show her. As he hacked away the exoskeleton and ripped through the flesh, Bryn exclaimed, "Ewww," and I asked her if the dissecting was too much for her. She said, "no, I just have corn husk in my front teeth," and continued watching the dissection with enthusiastic curiosity.

Poor Laura mistook her lobster for a prince

11 comments:

Jill said...

Bryn has the kind of stomach I wish I had! I'm not sure I could handle Lobster brains during dinner.

I've never had lobster straight out of the Lobster before. It's on my list of things to do before I die.

Miss you guys.

David said...

Chris--you're still alive! And you look great! I love, love, love, lobster. Bryn, you're my kind of gal and Laura, I think you're supposed to find a frog to kiss! It looks like a great get-together.

rebecca said...

It was fun seeing you and your family, Cami! Rain or shine, the clambake is something to behold...a great party to say the least, and you can't beat fresh Atlantic lobstah. Yum!

byebyedays said...

I don't think I could eat it like that- but I do LOVE LOBSTER! Especially fresh lobster...SO GOOD! Why don't you ship me a few.;)

Laura said...

It was a real nice clambake.

Sweeney Household said...

They (the lobsters) sure are ugly creatures, huh? I love them though. I have to get the meat out of Mr. or Mrs. Lobstah without thinking much about his/her brains, organs, etc.. Once I dip the claws in butter, ahhhh. New England Lobster, my absolute favorite. Calvin will join all of us someday!

Frozen Cacti said...

That was a strange mix of smells (seafood and urethane).

Karen said...

I think I like lobster...but I need to try it first.

The Martin Family said...

That pic is great of all of us in nolans car. I remember riding in that car thinking we were so dang cool.

Laura said...

Cami, what is happening? Gather yourself. You're the one we're supposed to be able to count on to update your blog frequently. Just what the heck am I supposed to read?

Darcee said...

We missed that this year and we are definitely missing fall in N.E. I loved the yearbook pictures. One of these rainy afternoons, I'm just gonna have to try that!