Today seemed like a nice day to tour Concord, so we started bright and early. Aunt Laura even graciously offered to tame Bryn's mane so we could get off on time.We had planned to hike around Walden Pond, but were swarmed by masses of Mayflies. We got 1/8th of the way around and gave up after inhaling a few too many bugs.
Poor Bryn (who is a total bug-a-phobe) sat on Peter's shoulders with her arms up over her ears and looked completely traumatized by the whole incident. Calvin was angry because none of us would get close enough to the pond to throw rocks in the water with him.
"I went to the woods because I wished to swim through a black swarm of bugs and have them crawl in my nose and mouth." Mission accomplished.
1 comment:
I love swallowing bugs! It's my favorite hiking snack!
Post a Comment