Seven random things about me:
1. I'm enamoured of a certain exit off of I-93 North (exit 37C). I think it's the most graceful exit ever built (pretty hard to describe - but it's very minimally supported and swoops out and above the freeway and as you curve it seems like you're going to launch into the heavens) , and my idea of modern art would be to blast some beautiful opera aria while taking the exit much faster than advised. [edit by Peter]Here is google maps imagery of the exit ramp from above, although it doesn't capture its graceful swoop.
2. My lawn has no grass. My neighbors to either side also have grassless lawns, making me suspect it's nearly impossible to get it to grow because of the shade from all the trees. My kids get pretty dirty when they play outside, but hey, no mowing, right?
3. My fourth toe on my left foot is flat like unto a pancake, so much so that it halfway overlaps with the third toe. I was born this way, and my mom says that at one point my pediatrician speculated I may not even be able to walk without corrective surgery.
4. In high school I played soccer, tennis and ran track (hurdles, long jump, high jump, and 4 X 100 relay) without corrective surgery.
5. I have never been pulled over for breaking the law. (I'm knocking on my laminate wood computer desk as I type because I have a tendency to speed as I take certain exits...)
6. I'm sooo a night owl. It's slow torture for me to get up with my children, but Calvin has discovered that if he hits me with enough hard objects (this morning it was trucks but usually it's my shoes), I'll get up and put him in timeout. This makes him happy because I'm too angry to go back to bed.
7. I'm afraid of lightening. I was camping with my friend M on a barren hill and a terrible storm rose up in the night. We realized we need to evacuate to lower ground and M's hair got caught in the tent zipper as lightening struck all around us. I cut off her stuck hair with her leather(wo)man and we escaped, but just barely.
Tag, you're it: anyone who reads this and so desires to make a random list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Holy Cow! I didn't know you were that close to lightening. Where was your mother? In fact, as I read these accounts I doubt you had a mother!
Mom
Mom doesn't love me either. She doesn't leave comments on my blog...and I think it's really silly that you love your off ramp so much. I would personally pay money to watch and hear you sing opera as you took it really fast.
I made comments on your blog. I just figured out how to do it this morning!
I would like all of Cami's readership to know that she not only breaks the law regularly with regard to speeding, posted traffic signs, and generally accepted safe practices (e.g. don't speed up as you exit the freeway, do not blast your way through the rotary even when there are other cars clearly impeding your path simply because they are "bloody idiots" etc.), but it is my belief that she delights in it.
True story: Not long ago, I had the misfortune of having to follow Cami to MIT so that she could rid herself of(and bless her husband with )car and kids. I was driving Chris's car (as a favor to Cami, so that she could transport numerous fire-replacement home furnishings from Ikea) which was (and this is an important point) BIG enough to accommodate said furnishings.
Cami took a couple wrong turns, and we ended up on my least favorite road east of the Mississippi: Massachusetts Avenue, which at the point of interest is so narrow that you can glance out your window and check the time on the guy's watch in the oncoming car.
Cami decided she was going the wrong way (it is unclear whether she remembered that the correct pronoun was "we") and pulled a three-point turnabout in her (small) car... immediately before a barrage of vehicles came in the opposite direction. I had no choice but to follow, but Chris's (boat) car was unable to smoothly make the 3-point turn, and it became more of a 15-point turnabout (blocking both lanes of traffic at 5:00 pm) with dozens (maybe hundreds - it's all seems so blurry now) of cars in both directions honking whilst their owners where swearing and creating all manner of impolite hand signals.
When we found Peter and dropped off the goods, Cami started to say, "I'm so sor--" but burst instead into devilish laughter.
Okay, okay, I'm sorry already, Laura. Maybe it sort of makes up for the times you pretended to be dead.
Wow, you've had this blog for a REALLY LONG TIME. This post is too good, I loved reading it. And Laura playing dead on you makes me laugh... I use to do that to Brookie all the time. I guess it's the big (bully) sister thing to do.:)
Post a Comment