Friday, November 9, 2007

lektid (swedish for playtime)

Where do you go when you have a car, two kids under the age of reason, and a free morning? Today I chose Ikea. And it was lovely! I threw Bryn in the Tot Cage (i.e. free Ikea sponsored babysitting) and wandered with Calvin until he got too bored to sit. We picked up Bryn, ate lunch (very kid-friendly selections) and then spent the rest of the time wandering and playing on the showroom floor. Now if I can just figure out how to make it work without finding a dozen things to buy, my checkbook will be just as happy as me and my kids.

4 comments:

Joe and Joanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diana said...

There's a new IKEA right by my house, yet I've still never been to it! Rob and I are waiting till we move out and have a reason to actually look at the stuff there to buy or else we'll just crowd our place even more!

Laura said...

Joanne, that is hilarious. Especially since you've spent what seems like half your life in France, London, or Switzerland. Okay, maybe not half your life, just half your life since we've known you. And Diana, I'm with you. Cami keeps inviting me to go, but I don't really have anywhere to put anything so I just go eat the Swedish meatballs (which are worth the trip, actually).

Joe and Joanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.