Saturday, October 27, 2012

Gnarly Newport

[with karen visiting] As Frankenstorm Sandy was looming in the forecast, we took the opportunity to sneak in another beach trip down in Newport, RI. The air temperature was around 60 degrees, and so was the water temperature.

I'm pretty sure they're discussing the nature of dark matter

Bestest friends- they have a similar MO toward life and couldn't get enough of each other on this visit.

Cutest baby evah


beach bums- heh heh





Despite the frigid water temperatures, Peter and I went on a boogie board date. It was brief.

A trip to RI wouldn't be complete without seeing the Balls
After the beach, we enjoyed a backyard bbq courtesy of Tim and gathered around the mesmerizing  light of a floor lamp in the grass.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Brrr... it makes my lips numb just thinking about it! You and Lance and Pete are crazy. Crazy cool, that is.

Marsha said...

Cute photo of Laura's family. I also like the one of you in braids. Looks like a fun (but cold) beach day.

Lynette said...

Love, love, love these pics. I'm going to get some prints made because they're so cute. I also love RI. Beautiful shoreline. I'll invite everyone over when I find the right mansion!

And who raised the kids swimming in that cold water!?