Saturday, October 20, 2012

Singing Beach

Lance and Laura and I carted our families up to Singing Beach for a Saturday picnic. Lance caught some wicked waves with the boogie board, Bryn found a dead baby seal, Calvin continued his dig for China, and the rest of us soaked in some of the the last warm rays of the year.








the dead baby seal- an animal rescue team was evaluating the cause of death

Lance loved this wood and wanted to add it to a campsite

a bit macabre, but has it's own special beauty

they had three pyramids completed by the time we left

3 comments:

Laura said...

My favorite part of the day was the walk to see the dead seal. My second favorite part of the day was when Mason got hit in the head with a metal shovel and all he did was make a funny face and say, "Oooh."

Marsha said...

The dead bird photo reminds me of an archaeopteryx fossil I've seen. Very cool.

Lynette said...

What a great day! I love that you have beaches close. I love the ocean. I thought maybe it was Bryn and Lance measuring Baby Seal! Love the pictures.