Ivy is 5 months old. She is exponentially more aware of her surroundings, and discovered the skill of keeping herself awake to enjoy our company. So this last week we finally started letting her learn to go to sleep on her own, and she's done marvelously.
I feel like a new person now that I can set her down for a nap without worrying that a sudden noise (like Calvin dumping thousands of legos onto the hardwood floors or Bryn conducting an imaginary fish symphony) is going to wake her and ruin her schedule for the rest of the day. If anyone wants to know more about our process, I'd be happy to share.

*Note the cute little fat dimple on her elbow in the top middle photo.
16 comments:
She is adorable!
Wow, that is so adorable! Please please please save that outfit for me! Oh... the baby is kind of cute, too.
Oh she is so darling... Outfit and all!
The power of sleep is a marvelous thing. Truly, one of the greatest gifts you can give your children is teaching them how to sleep. Well done sis.
I can not get over how cute that litte girl is. I'm dying to see her in person!
As far as the sleeping thing. We did this with the boys and I think it literally saved my life. I'm still around because they learned to sleep on their own. Go Ivy!
Oooohhhh....I just want to squish her!!!
She's so cute!!
I love the look on her face in the bottom right...I've seen that look on your face!
blue is her color! What a doll.
What an adorable little girl. Her eyes are beautiful. When is our next jewelry-making night so I can see her again? Oh--and catch up with you too :)
Yes, blue is definitely her color. Congratulations on the sleep accomplishment. Does this mean we can stay later at book group next month?
What a doll! I would be interested in hearing your process of getting kids to sleep through the night. My kids currently do sleep through the night, but we have never had a great plan, and most of the time they are well over a year old before it happens. My email is nanafischer@hotmail.com.
Fat dimple noted! check!
...as well as...
* the adorable little grin. check!
* the button nose. check!
* the cute little eyes. check!
* the funny and unique expressions (especially the one on the lower righthand sqare). check!
...and on and on until it adds up to ONE VERY CUTE BABY!
Very cute baby, very unhappy grandmother that has to look at pictures instead of squishing and oogling (is that a word?) in person! My children never did master the sleep thing. I just learned to live without it! Darling dimple, outfit, beautiful baby! I am greatful for pictures.
Oh Cami. This little one is amazingly adorable! Ivy, you can come play with us anytime.
And, I'm impressed with your ability to teach sleeping skills. Given that the topic of sleep brought many tears for me (and I think you too!) back in the days of our 1st-borns, this is really great!
So cute! I think she looks like Bryn, sort of.
Post a Comment