Ivy learned some new tricks this month. She decided she'd had enough of playing the contented baby bit and shook things up by cutting a tooth and swinging toward nocturnalism. Once the jagged little thing was in she started behaving better. I started her on rice cereal last week. It's a bit early, but every night at dinner time she stared and salivated at our food like a starving castaway. So far she likes it, but only if I let her have a hand on the spoon while I feed her.Calvin has discovered his "fast," and the only way to get him to perform menial tasks such as teeth brushing and putting on pajamas is to race him. Before said races he performs all manner of exercises (jogging place, pushups, etc.), and then he's off like a shot. His preferred form is flailing every party of his body for added speed (including his head).
Bryn started Kindergarten. She declared after the first day, "Well Mom, Kindergarten was a success." More importantly, she has a new career plan. She announced to us that when she's older she's going to become the Queen of Spain, so she can TOTALLY RULE and charter a voyage to Saturn to discover a new planet (in the spirit of Columbus).
I recently discovered a local indoor soccer pickup league that starts in November, which should be fun. I'm also reading a digital photography book and trying not to covet nicer cameras (come on y'all, stop putting such beautiful photos on your blogs). I successfully took all three children to the zoo this month by myself, and was so thrilled with the results that we went straight to the store. Let's just say that was a bad idea and leave it at that.
Peter is wrapping up his summer stint as a professional and heads back to school this week. He is not taking classes this semester in hopes of making headway with his dissertation. He borrowed Kit Kitridge: An American Girl from the library (for himself) and found himself on the verge of tears a couple of times, and the themes continue to haunt him. He said I could put that in the blog, so go ahead and give him a hard time about it.
4 comments:
I love that Ivy has to keep a hand on the spoon. Max does the same thing and it drives me nuts! Calvin and Eli are either going to be the best pals ever or mortal enemies. Bryn will make an excellent queen. You rock at soccer and Peter has such a tender heart and disposition...ummmm
If Bryn becomes Queen of Spain, I get to be her head lady in waiting. It would be such an entertaining job!
I'm totally going to give Peter a hard time about the Kit movie. Although, I saw it myself and it wasn't half bad. I didn't cry though.
Also, Cami, you are my hero for taking three kids to the zoo by yourself, but you should know better by now not to take three kids to the store. That's a recipe for disaster!!
I think you're really good at taking care of children. I mean, probably the best there ever was. I bet you could handle another one, you're that good...
Get a box of tissue for Peter next time he starts reading...
Are you happy with your FF team? Maybe you can post how you won last season.
Post a Comment