Friday, February 6, 2009

A Plague of Turtles

Our house was recently infested by turtles (presumably driven indoors by the frigid weather). Luckily they were slow-moving and I was able to eradicate them with ease. Anyone know a good recipe for turtle stew?

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

What adorable turtles! How could you even think of putting them in a stew? :-) I'd definitely keep them as pets.

Joe and Joanne said...

Sorry, no recipes, but FUN - Turtles are cute animals, how fun to be one for a while! :) I bet that idea came from the brilliant and ever so creative Miss B? Cute pictures. Cute kids!

Laura said...

Water, noodles, salt, turtles. Boil and add more salt. (Prepare to be a bit disappointed; turtles taste like chicken.)

Karen said...

Cami...cannibalism is still illegal in all fifty states. Except Texas. I think maybe it's still okay there.

David said...

I had to go to Hawaii and swim in the ocean to find a turtle. It was not nearly as cute as your turtles. Has the EPA heard of these turtles? I'm certain they would be interested.

laree ulynn said...

haha. it took me a few seconds to catch on. i was thinking how absolutely crazy it would be to have turtles randomly creeping around in your house. then i pictured you picking them up, and throwing them out in the snow to try to get rid of them. i thought that would be quite a bazaar experience. then i took a second look at the pictures...
your kids are so cute!

Darcy said...

That's really funny. I'd call that a good problem to have. Your kids have great imaginations!!