Saturday, February 21, 2009

An apple that didn't fall far from two math trees

Bryn wanted to do some maths because Peter was busily engaged in his Analysis homework (don't worry, I only help him a little with it). So he printed her out a worksheet he found online and she sat herself up at the table importantly and began.

Today she wanted to know if a million plus a million was "a finity." When we said no, she said, "well how about a million plus a hundred and two?" I told her to keep adding 1+1+1+1+1+... forever, and that was infinity. She didn't like that much.

The other day she was doing a seperate math worksheet (I promise she asks for them- we're really not those kind of parents) and she was supposed to add 4+5. She mistook the + sign for a - sign, and called out, "how do you spell negative one?"

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm impressed she is doing math already! And knows how to do negatives.

Kimberly said...

Wow. I should really start learning before she beats me graduating 8th grade! Good job Bryn!
Love- Sarah

Jill said...

She is most certainly not my kid!

Laura said...

I learned my negatives. When I was in 7th grade, that is.

Melanie said...

Here's a math problem: What do you get when you add one genius + another genius?
The answer: Bryn